Senior Clinical Risk Manager
New York, NY 10029 US
- Lead Risk Management Team by providing expert guidance to our Risk Management staff to enable them to review risk data, perform Root Cause Analysis, and adhere to standards set by The Joint Commission, the New York State Department of Health, and other accrediting bodies.
- Oversee day-to-day operations of the Risk Management and Patient Safety office, ensuring seamless execution of protocols and procedures.
- Play a key role in orienting, training, and mentoring new Risk Management staff, sharing insights into the scope and significance of our department's work.
- Conduct thorough Root Cause Analysis investigations, identifying trends, patterns, and opportunities for improvement. Assess the need for departmental or clinical peer reviews.
- Review and analyze incoming occurrence reports, promptly addressing regulatory and insurance concerns, and identifying areas for risk reduction.
- Collaborate with department leaders to develop cutting-edge educational programs, contribute to special projects, and share findings to inspire risk reduction strategies.
- Navigate complex clinical patient complaints and ethical queries, ensuring the highest standards of care and compliance.
- Actively participate in safety committees focused on quality of care and regulatory adherence: Hospital Safety Committee; Nursing Peer Committee; IT Committee; with availability to attend/cover other Committee meetings as well as Mortality and Morbidity conferences at the request of the Associate Director/Senior Director.
- Serve as a valuable resource on risk management for all clinical and support departments, offering timely guidance and insights.
- Play a vital role in shaping policy and procedure development, aligning our practices with the latest industry standards.
- 24/7 On Call rotation for the Department of Risk Management& Patient Safety.
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing, or other health related science; Masters preferred
- 3-5 years Risk Management experience preferred
- NYS RN, NP or P.A. or allied health professional licensure
- CPHRM preferred
Meet Your Recruiter
I’m Matthew London, I recently joined Lloyd Staffing as a Supply chain recruiter. I have spent my entire career in institutional sales, specializing in government supply. During my 30-year tenure, I have developed long lasting relationships with our clients in areas of: Operations, Management, Procurement, Manufacturing, Production, Warehousing, Distribution, Logistics, Quality control, Compliance, Management and Sales. I have always felt that communication, respect and honesty are the most important factors in successful business relationships. My motto throughout my career has been “The customer is always right.” I bring that same attitude to both sides of the staffing process, the client and the candidate! #LLOYDEMPLOYED
In my free time I love to spend time with my family, friends, and especially my two dogs! I love to cook, travel, workout, play tennis and watch the newest series on Netflix. Lastly, if you can’t reach me-I’m probably on the Golf course!