New York, NY 10035 US
About the client
One of the most unique and respected clinical partnerships in the world of proton therapy. The collaboration between Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, Montefiore Medical Center and Mount Sinai Health System brings state of the art proton therapy treatment to the patients of New York and the surrounding areas.
We need highly driven, enthusiastic, professional, and engaged individuals to work as a dynamic team to provide great patient care using the latest proton treatment technologies. We offer excellent wages and benefits with career growth flexibility.
• Listen to patient and caregiver questions and provide well-informed responses in a way they can comprehend.
• Know when to defer queries to appropriate care-team members.
• Prepare patients and their families for their treatment planning appointment, including referring to other resources as needed.
• Facilitate patient's first appointment with treatment planning team, including consent(s), IVs, and contrast per protocol.
• Assist patients with treatment planning, scheduling, and execution.
• Give higher-risk patients, such as those with few resources, individualized support.
• Work with patient care team to identify social and emotional variables affecting patient health.
• Track appointment compliance and alert the patient care team.
• Give clinical team members constructive feedback at multi-disciplinary team meetings.
• As needed, coordinate chemotherapy and proton therapy appointments.
• Arrange patient referrals and appointments with other medical providers, including surgeons, medical oncologists, medical subspecialists, gynecologists, dentists, etc., as needed.
• Track patient progress quantitatively.
• Track patient satisfaction/complaints.
• Follow New York Proton Center HIPAA privacy policies.
• Perform other job-related duties, as assigned.
• At least 2 years of professional nursing experience, required.
• Previous Oncology experience, including previous Radiation Oncology experience, preferred.
• Graduate of accredited School of Nursing
• Bachelor’s degree in nursing, required.
• Current valid NY Registered Nurse License, required.
• Certification in oncology, or specialty practice area, preferred.
• BLS certified.
• Ability to multi-task, manage multiple projects at one time, and rapidly change priorities based on patient and practice needs.
• High integrity with respect to maintenance of confidential patient information
• Composure under pressure
• Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office, experience with data management, and efficiency using electronic medical record systems. Oncology Information System, ARIA experience preferred.
Meet Your Recruiter
Hello – I am Melissa Matos and I love what I do – recruiting in the Healthcare space and putting people to work! I was born in Puerto Rico and raised in New York, then I moved to sunny South Florida 20+ years ago where I’ve been with Lloyd since 2002. I work closely with clients and candidates to understand the talent and career needs of both groups. My bilingual fluency is an asset to positions where a second language is critical to the regional culture and busines demands. Healthcare is one of the fastest growing industries in the U.S.; my searches and placement successes are nationwide. I head up an outstanding group of recruiters focused on the healthcare community. We know we have made an impact on our client’s workforces and are proud of the contributions our healthcare talent has made, particularly during the pandemic. We look forward to a world of wellness! #LIVINGLLOYD
Song I can listen to over & over: Anything by Marc Anthony (Salsa music!)