East Brunswick, NJ 08816 US
About the company:
The company designs, develops, builds, and manages exceptional industrial buildings for a wide range of clients, ranging from Fortune 100 corporations looking for complex, multi-dimensional construction to entrepreneurial small businesses looking for the best lease terms. Finally, we assist our customers in laying the groundwork for future success stories.
The Property Controller is responsible for the accounting and reporting oversight for a portfolio of direct real estate investments and limited partnership fund investments; as well as support for the general accounting and reporting functions related to the overall real estate portfolio. This job has no direct supervisory responsibilities but involves working with staff accountants on day-to-day tasks.
- Responsible for all aspects of accounting, including financial reporting, cash management, accounts receivable and accounts payable for an assigned portfolio of industrial properties and investment entities.
- Prepare executive management reports on a quarterly basis which summarize and forecast business activity and financial position in areas of income, expenses, and earnings based on past, present, and expected operations.
- Review bank activity daily and ensure all payments have been properly applied (ACH, Wire Transfers) to Tenant account accurately and timely.
- Review account payables and receivable
- Prepare the annual rent, income and expense, year-end true ups of tenant and review back up and billings
- Assist with accounting for acquisition and disposition of properties and provide guidance to staff on more complex accounting issues.
- Prepare year-end tax workpapers and work with tax accountants to supply any information required for tax return preparation.
- Respond to client’s questions and complete all data requests on a timely basis.
- Review 1099 forms for all relevant vendors ensuring accuracy and completeness.
- Interface with property managers on a daily basis to ensure the proper transfer of financial information to tenants and owners.
- Coordinate preparation of annual financial statements and tax returns with team of professionals including Certified Public Accountants, Appraisers and Tax Specialists.
- Assist Asset Managers with operations decisions for real estate assets as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) or equivalent; 7 years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Certified Public Accountant – Preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of an organization.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent, add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Draws interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Property Accounting software, Yardi preferred; Database software; Internet software; Spreadsheet software (Excel); Word Processing software (Word); and Electronic Mail software (Outlook).
- Physically fit.
Meet Your Recruiter
After graduating from Rowan University in New Jersey with a Bachelor's Degrees in Business Management/Human Resources, I began my career working as a Financial Analyst in the onlinegaming industry and spent 2 years in this role. I made a career change after a first-time meeting with an Agency Recruiter who happened to be recruiting me for another position within Finance. Instead of continuing on this path, I decided to utilize my degree in HR and pursue a career the Recruitment Industry. Flash forward five years and I now overseeing the Accounting and Finance Recruitment Division here at Lloyd Staffing as its Director. I joined Lloyd in 2017 and my team specializes in the placement of Accounting and Finance candidates for both Direct Hire and Contract opportunities. Having worked in this space myself, I have a solid understanding of its skill sets, challenges and work culture, which is an asset to both my candidate talent and corporate clients. I am based in the heart of Manhattan, but my team works on searches for positions throughout the U.S., across various industries and at all levels of the Accounting/Finance ladder. #LIVINGLLOYD
On off hours, I might binge watch The Office or will watch the movie Rush Hour (all of them) repeatedly and enjoy it each time.