Oracle Business Analyst
Melville, NY 11747 US
The Oracle EPM Consultant will develop and edit reports, forms and adhoc excel queries utilizing Oracle EPM. Develop, review, and launch business rules in Oracle. Troubleshoot system issues and assist in training new users. Analyse revenue and expense budget, forecasts and other financial data submitted by the Firm’s various offices and administrative departments (e.g., technology, marketing, human resources), including preparation of various schedules relating to worldwide headcount, billing rates, collections, salaries, and operating expenses. Act as a liaison between the Finance department and the respective departments and offices submitting budget and forecast data. Produce various financial reports for internal and external use, including monthly headcount reporting, monthly financial and statistical reporting and ad hoc analyses requested by Partners and Senior Management. Key Responsibilities Develop and edit Oracle reports, forms and adhoc excel queries. Develop, review, and launch business rules and calculation scripts in Oracle. Troubleshoot system issues and assist in training new users. Provide assistance in key system processes (i.e., process of month-end and year-end close processes) as needed Assist with the integration of data warehouse/management reporting Develop, analyze, maintain, organize, and consolidate Firm level and individual assigned departments/offices budget and forecast data schedules relating to headcount, billing rates, collections, salary, and operating expenses. Assist Directors and Office Managers with theProject description
- Develop and edit Oracle reports, forms and adhoc excel queries.
- Develop, review, and launch business rules and calculation scripts in Oracle.
- Troubleshoot system issues and assist in training new users.
- Provide assistance in key system processes (i.e., process of month-end and year-end close processes) as needed
- Assist with the integration of data warehouse/management reporting
- Develop, analyze, maintain, organize, and consolidate Firm level and individual assigned departments/offices budget and forecast data schedules relating to headcount, billing rates, collections, salary, and operating expenses.
- Assist Directors and Office Managers with the review and preparation of expense budgets and forecasts and ensure that the budget and forecast data submitted is reasonable and accurate.
- Prepare various monthly headcount schedules and reconcile information provided by Human Resources. Reconcile movement between various offices and Practice Groups via preparation of various rollforward reports. Discuss and resolve differences with Human Resources.
- Participate in peer review of work prepared by others in the group.
- Prepare monthly statistical and financial data variance analysis (e.g., budget vs. actual and forecast) and write “executive-ready” explanations for expense variances between actual, forecast and budgeted results.
- Communicate with offices in different time zones, participate in conference calls during their business hours, while being sensitive to their cultural differences.
- Prepare various ad hoc analyses for management.
- Create financial models that employ a large number of variables and analyze results (e.g., new office pro-forma P&L’s).
- Perform such other responsibilities as may be assigned from time to time (e.g., short term rotations to other groups, assist with testing new systems, document processes.)
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes
- Ability to analyze financial results to identify unusual trends and balances, and research such trends and balances.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral).
- Excellent organizational skills to manage multiple tasks and deadlines simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently and be proactive.
- Intermediate knowledge of Excel, Adobe, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Basic knowledge of accounting principles.
- Database/budgeting and general ledger system knowledge preferable.
- Capable of efficiently compiling, analyzing, and reporting on data in an effective and professional manner.
- Fast learner, with the drive to learn and understand the nature of the Firm’s business transactions in order to identify unusual account variances and balances.
- Technology savvy, with the talent to quickly learn the Firm’s budget system and general ledger system.
Education & Experience
- 5+ years’ experience with Oracle EPM (Enterprise Performance Management) application
- Experience with programming Oracle business rules
- Experience with creating Oracle forms and reports
- Physical Activity/Other Miscellaneous
Meet Your Recruiter
My name is Brandon Pinckney and I’m the Director of IT Staffing here at Lloyd. I was born in Brooklyn, NY and raised in the Bronx. I was a high school athlete and subsequently earned a football scholarship to St. Francis Xavier University in Nova Scotia, Canada. “I Know Canada.” It was one of the best decisions of my life.
After college I moved to Germany and played American football in Frankfurt and later landed a practice deal with the Baltimore Ravens. After my football career was over, with my experience around the world I found I had grown to love engaging with different people from all walks of life. I was looking for a career that quenched my thirst for collaboration. That’s when I found recruiting. It was a good fit! I love helping individuals on their career & the opportunity/interview process or giving them market research or even tips on their resume. I feel impacting people day to day is my calling and I love every bit of what I’m doing. Hope to help you too!
- Favorite TV shows to binge include: Fresh Prince of Belair / House of Dragon and G.O.T
- My signature dish is: Ribs and Bake Mac & Cheese
- Song that I can listen to over and over: Can’t Knock the Hustle – Jay-Z or Juicy – Notorious B.I.G
- Favorite vacation spot: Hawaii