Miami, FL 33186 US
One of Fortune's 2019 Best Places to Work. It's the state's only healthcare provider to make the list for the 19th time. This recognition is based on employee ratings of their workplace culture, including trust in leaders, job pride, and co-worker camaraderie. Patients rate us highly. Our medical expertise brings international patients and their families to Miami.
Our success derives from a company-wide culture of excellence and dedication. Our quality comes from their kindness, compassion, and dedication to clinical and service excellence.
Medical Transcriptionists are medical language specialists who provide medical transcription services for various types of diagnostic and interventional services. All transcription is to be performed utilizing the highest quality, accuracy, and speed to provide prompt turn-around times for results.
• Listening to the recorded dictation of physicians and other healthcare professionals.
• Using specialized transcription equipment such as headsets and foot pedals.
• Editing and correcting medical dictation performed by speech recognition software.
• Converting transcribed diagnostic test results, procedures, and consultation notes into applicable report formats.
• Ensuring uncompromised patient care by transcribing fast and accurately, as well as performing thorough editing.
• Typing out the full forms of medical abbreviations and acronyms, as well as the formal versions of medical jargon.
• Identifying and following up on inconsistencies, errors, and missing information within a transcribed report.
• Submitting transcriptions to healthcare professionals for their approval in a timely manner.
• Performing additional tasks such as following up and revising patient history, as well as entering medical reports into electronic health records systems.
• High School Diploma, Certificate of Attendance, Certificate of Completion, GED, or equivalent training
• 3 Years experience required in radiology, interventional radiology, and interventional cardiology transcription in a hospital setting.
• CMT Certification preferred.
Meet Your Recruiter
Hello, I am Laura Tavarez. I was born and raised in The Dominican Republic, I also spent five years living in Puerto Rico.
In 2001, I decided to move to NYC to further my education after which I began working in the healthcare industry and have remained here now for approximately two decades.
My undergrad degree is in Health Services Administration, and I have a Master’s in Organizational Management. Working directly in the healthcare industry has allowed me to network with different groups, practice areas and health systems. I have first-hand knowledge of the lingo and culture of the healthcare community which translates well into my Recruitment role. Because of my hands-on healthcare experience, I fully understand the needs of the candidates who work in it and the workforce challenges of the employer. I enjoy meeting people and knowing that I am helping them find their dream job or referring a superior new hire. Everyone deserves to be happy at work! #LLOYDEMPLOYED
When I’m not making new careers happen, I enjoy listening to Spanish music and Smooth R&B. I look forward to working with you.