Levittown, NY 11756 US
- Greet and prepare patients for their appointments.
- Obtain and record patient medical history and vital signs.
- Assist healthcare providers with medical examinations and procedures.
- Administer medications and injections as directed by the healthcare provider.
- Collect and prepare laboratory specimens for testing.
- Provide patient education on medical conditions, treatment plans, and medications.
- Sterilize and maintain medical instruments and equipment.
- Stock and organize examination rooms and medical supplies.
- Ensure compliance with infection control and safety protocols.
- Assist in procedures as needed.
- Maintain effective communication with patients, families, and healthcare providers.
- Relay messages and test results to patients in a timely and empathetic manner.
- Collaborate with other healthcare team members to ensure efficient patient care.
- Completion of a Certified Medical Assistant program.
- Current certification as a Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) is required.
- Proficiency in using electronic health records (EHR) and medical software.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to maintain patient confidentiality.
- Compassion and dedication to patient-centered care.
Meet Your Recruiter
Hello, I am Laura Tavarez. I was born and raised in The Dominican Republic, I also spent five years living in Puerto Rico.
In 2001, I decided to move to NYC to further my education after which I began working in the healthcare industry and have remained here now for approximately two decades.
My undergrad degree is in Health Services Administration, and I have a Master’s in Organizational Management. Working directly in the healthcare industry has allowed me to network with different groups, practice areas and health systems. I have first-hand knowledge of the lingo and culture of the healthcare community which translates well into my Recruitment role. Because of my hands-on healthcare experience, I fully understand the needs of the candidates who work in it and the workforce challenges of the employer. I enjoy meeting people and knowing that I am helping them find their dream job or referring a superior new hire. Everyone deserves to be happy at work! #LLOYDEMPLOYED
When I’m not making new careers happen, I enjoy listening to Spanish music and Smooth R&B. I look forward to working with you.