Major Gifts Manager
Manhattan, NY 10001 US
Our client is a leading multi-million dollar Human Services national nonprofit organization based in midtown Manhattan. We have been engaged to identify a motivated, proactive Major Gifts Manager to join their team and be responsible for creating, developing and leading the Capital Campaign. The person hired for this role will report directly to the Chief Development Officer.
• Build and manage a portfolio of major gift donors and prospect.
• Drive the strategies and plan to identify, cultivate, upgrade, and/or solicit retained and new donors.
• Create a fundraising strategy and development timeline focused on major gifts and planned giving.
• Build individualized cultivation and solicitation strategies.
• Work with administrators and planned giving professionals to maximize giving through deferred giving structures.
• Work closely with leadership and staff to identify prospects and develop strategies for the cultivation and solicitation of philanthropic support.
• Designs and implements donor outreach efforts to diversify the major donor base.
• Work with the Development Director on individual appeal campaigns, online and digital giving initiatives and digital donor engagement.
• Establish a strong external and inspiring fundraising pitch that attracts new donors.
• Conduct meetings and develop strong relationships with donors and prospects.
• Regularly attend networking events and identify opportunities to build a robust network within the world of philanthropy.
• Experience managing a capital campaign.
• Proven track record of securing major donor gifts.
• Experience working with board members and senior leadership.
• Excellent communication skills—both oral and written.