Front Desk Receptionist
Melville, NY 11747 US
- Patient-Centric Service: As a Medical Receptionist, you will be the first point of contact for patients and their families. Your friendly and welcoming demeanor in person and on the phone is essential in creating a positive and comforting atmosphere for all patients, especially children and their parents.
- Collecting copays or balance due
- Appointment Scheduling: Efficiently schedule and manage patient appointments, optimizing the use of available time slots and accommodating patient needs.
- Team Player: Collaborate effectively with our healthcare team, displaying a strong sense of teamwork and a willingness to adapt and assist in various tasks as required.
- High School diploma or GED.
- Minimum two years in a medical office, pediatric experience a PLUS.
- Prior experience and/or knowledge of EMR is required.
- Strong organizational skills and detail oriented.
- A great attitude and exceptional interpersonal skills, particularly when dealing with children and their parents.
Meet Your Recruiter
Hello, I am Laura Tavarez. I was born and raised in The Dominican Republic, I also spent five years living in Puerto Rico.
In 2001, I decided to move to NYC to further my education after which I began working in the healthcare industry and have remained here now for approximately two decades.
My undergrad degree is in Health Services Administration, and I have a Master’s in Organizational Management. Working directly in the healthcare industry has allowed me to network with different groups, practice areas and health systems. I have first-hand knowledge of the lingo and culture of the healthcare community which translates well into my Recruitment role. Because of my hands-on healthcare experience, I fully understand the needs of the candidates who work in it and the workforce challenges of the employer. I enjoy meeting people and knowing that I am helping them find their dream job or referring a superior new hire. Everyone deserves to be happy at work! #LLOYDEMPLOYED
When I’m not making new careers happen, I enjoy listening to Spanish music and Smooth R&B. I look forward to working with you.