LLoyd Staffing https://www.lloydstaffing.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/JB-Square-200x200-1.png http://www.lloydstaffing.com http://www.lloydstaffing.com true
Ronkonkoma, NY 11779 US
Posted: 02/23/2023 2023-02-23 2023-04-30 Employment Type: Permanent Category: Supply Chain Management Job Number: 259585
The Director of Global Sourcing oversees strategic product planning, development, and global sourcing for beauty tools and accessories, stock and custom packaging, and wet goods. This individual is responsible for delivering a robust new product pipeline, building a strong network of suppliers, and providing solutions to custom sourcing projects, reporting directly to the President. The ideal candidate is a highly motivated individual who is comfortable interacting with senior management and has demonstrated successful experience leading a team of direct reports.
Work Set-Up: 3 Days Office/2 Days Remote
Principle Roles and Responsibilities:
- Lead the development of a strategic product category plan and production partner plan that keeps relevant, competitive and profitable in the beauty B2B industry.
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining a new product development budget and ensuring products are introduced on time, on budget and according to specifications.
- Actively seek out new vendors and strategically align with existing suppliers to ensure cost competitiveness.
- Work closely with sales and marketing leaders to understand market dynamics, product gaps and insight from the end users to help guide the product development and sourcing roadmap.
- Oversee, manage and develop sourcing team in-house and overseas on a daily basis.
- Ensure that interfacing with marketing, sales, production partners and customers is smooth and productive, with the result that our customers are completely satisfied.
- Champion and drive process improvement related to product development, custom sourcing projects and vendor management.
- Mine sales data to identify areas of opportunity/concern in both existing and adjacent categories.
- Manage product lifecycles and initiate changes.
- Work closely with quality, operations, supply chain and procurement teams on product- and vendor-related issues.
- Prepare and present products and category plans, both written and verbal, to management and team members and other interested parties as required.
- Travel to beauty industry trade shows and visit suppliers in North America and overseas, including Asia.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Leadership skills that support the company’s mission and values, including the ability to effectively involve, coach and train others.
- Ability to provide a category vision and strategic direction for both existing and new products, and to convert these into effective account level plans/programs.
- Excellent negotiation skills, specifically with new and existing vendors to achieve maximum cost savings.
- Extremely organized, analytical and detail-oriented
- Ability to excel in a cross-functional team environment.
- Sound knowledge and experience in B2B beauty marketplace and key product trends.
- Sound knowledge and experience in global sourcing; understanding FOB to landed cost structure.
- Ability to perform financial and statistical analysis and translate into an action plan.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as thought leadership and presence speaking in front of groups.
- Good computer skills, especially spreadsheet (Excel) abilities and PowerPoint.
- High moral and ethical standards
- Have a sense of urgency, be a self-starter and operate with minimal supervision.
- Willingness to be a team player by taking initiative to assist teammates as needed to spread the workload and meet deadlines.
- Travel required up to 25%.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in sourcing and vendor development/management.
- Beauty industry experience preferred (specifically dealing directly with cosmetics brands and overseas production partners).
- Dual language preferred.
- Proven track records of successful development and launch of new products in similar and/or adjacent categories (cosmetic packaging, beauty accessories or back bar consumables).
- Bachelor’s degree in business or a related field, MBA preferred.
- Experience managing multiple direct reports.