New York, NY 10018 US
A market-leading provider of comprehensive facility maintenance services (commercial cleaning, janitorial services, architectural maintenance, pest control, security, and lighting/energy solutions) for commercial and residential facilities of all sizes across the United States.
• Manage day-to-day accounting activities and supervise staff accountants to ensure work is properly allocated and completed in a timely and accurate manner.
• Maintain a closing checklist, delegate tasks, and ensure all deliverables are met for monthly and quarterly book closings.
• Manage all aspects of the recording, adjustment, and review of all accounting records.
• Maintain integrity of chart of accounts Own the fixed asset process, including capitalization and depreciation entries.
• Ensure the third-party CPA firm meets all state sales and use tax, payroll, and income tax filing requirements.
• Supervise insurance policy audits, internal controls, and intercompany transactions daily cash report work with external accountants to prepare US GAAP financials.
• Provide annual 1099s to vendors and IRS.
• Maintain process documentation and look for ways to automate and improve daily account processes.
• Build and present ad-hoc reports to support monthly analyses.
• Support Senior Management with audits, special enquiries, projects, and ad-hoc analysis
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related subject; CPA preferred.
• Minimum 7 years of relevant experience
• Accounting manager or assistant controller experience supervising at least five individuals.
• Strong organizational, time management, and verbal and written communication skills with management, direct coworkers, and other departments
• Flexibility and adaptability in a change-oriented environment
• Ability to work in a team and prioritize and execute concurrent
Meet Your Recruiter
After graduating from Rowan University in New Jersey with a Bachelor's Degrees in Business Management/Human Resources, I began my career working as a Financial Analyst in the onlinegaming industry and spent 2 years in this role. I made a career change after a first-time meeting with an Agency Recruiter who happened to be recruiting me for another position within Finance. Instead of continuing on this path, I decided to utilize my degree in HR and pursue a career the Recruitment Industry. Flash forward five years and I now overseeing the Accounting and Finance Recruitment Division here at Lloyd Staffing as its Director. I joined Lloyd in 2017 and my team specializes in the placement of Accounting and Finance candidates for both Direct Hire and Contract opportunities. Having worked in this space myself, I have a solid understanding of its skill sets, challenges and work culture, which is an asset to both my candidate talent and corporate clients. I am based in the heart of Manhattan, but my team works on searches for positions throughout the U.S., across various industries and at all levels of the Accounting/Finance ladder. #LIVINGLLOYD
On off hours, I might binge watch The Office or will watch the movie Rush Hour (all of them) repeatedly and enjoy it each time.