Clinical Risk Manager
New York, NY 10029 US
- Manage the risk management program to align with departmental and institutional goals. Maintain the risk management database, ensuring accuracy and timeliness.
- Conduct investigations for reportable incidents, ensuring compliance with state reporting requirements. Address inquiries related to reports and professional liability matters.
- Assess reported incidents to pinpoint risk, quality, regulatory, and insurance concerns as well as trends. Create case summaries and report findings to the Director of Risk Management.
- Liaise with insurers and legal counsel, reporting potential claims and concerns through preliminary reviews.
- Stay updated on relevant regulatory requirements.
- Collaborate with staff to maintain regulatory compliance and manage visits. Serve as a resource for staff regarding risk management inquiries.
- Coordinate planned and unannounced visits by regulatory bodies.
- Join in performance improvement activities, including Root Cause Analysis and HFMEA as needed.
- Be on-call outside business hours for staff inquiries regarding risk management.
- Maintain flexibility for participation in interviews, events and meetings as needed.
- Actively engage in committees focused on risk management, patient safety, and care quality.
- Develop and deliver educational programs to raise staff awareness of risk exposure.
- Assist in organizing Patient Safety Fair and Risk Management Week activities.
- Minimum of 3 years of risk management experience (more than 3 years preferred).
- Familiarity with Just Culture and Culture of Safety principles preferred.
- Understanding of clinical quality, patient safety, patient experience, and patient satisfaction performance measures and indicators.
Meet Your Recruiter
I’m Matthew London, I recently joined Lloyd Staffing as a Supply chain recruiter. I have spent my entire career in institutional sales, specializing in government supply. During my 30-year tenure, I have developed long lasting relationships with our clients in areas of: Operations, Management, Procurement, Manufacturing, Production, Warehousing, Distribution, Logistics, Quality control, Compliance, Management and Sales. I have always felt that communication, respect and honesty are the most important factors in successful business relationships. My motto throughout my career has been “The customer is always right.” I bring that same attitude to both sides of the staffing process, the client and the candidate! #LLOYDEMPLOYED
In my free time I love to spend time with my family, friends, and especially my two dogs! I love to cook, travel, workout, play tennis and watch the newest series on Netflix. Lastly, if you can’t reach me-I’m probably on the Golf course!