New York, NY 10019 US
We are looking for an exceptional Portfolio Accountant to join our Portfolio Management Group. Growing your career as a Full Time Portfolio Accountant is a fantastic opportunity to learn new skills.
The ideal candidate will be organized, detail-oriented, and innovative, as well as capable of managing time and thinking critically and analytically. Collaboration and communication with other groups within Portfolio Operations, portfolio management teams, and custodial bank representatives is an important aspect of the role.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for daily administration of accounts for high-net-worth individuals and families
- Manage and track clients’ portfolios invested across various asset classes including Fixed Income, Alternative Investments (Hedge Funds, Private Equity), and Long Equity
- Utilize knowledge of Black Diamond and spreadsheet utilities to generate detailed internal and external reports illustrating clients’ asset distribution and performance on a monthly basis
- Orchestrate the process of new account set ups as well as the closing of accounts including the review and completion of hedge fund subscription documents
- Coordinate with fund managers on client investments and maintain accurate valuations of accounts
- Represent the client in a liaison capacity with various brokerage firms and investment managers
- Always ensure integrity and accuracy of account information
- Monitor and prepare capital calls for commitment funds (Private equity, Real assets)
- Contribute toward a team covering one or more client relationships
- Support the year-end audit process, in collaboration with the team, client, and auditors
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or equivalent field
- Strong attention to detail and good analytical skills
- Effective communication, both written and verbal, and excellent skills with spreadsheets.
Meet Your Recruiter
After graduating from Rowan University in New Jersey with a Bachelor's Degrees in Business Management/Human Resources, I began my career working as a Financial Analyst in the onlinegaming industry and spent 2 years in this role. I made a career change after a first-time meeting with an Agency Recruiter who happened to be recruiting me for another position within Finance. Instead of continuing on this path, I decided to utilize my degree in HR and pursue a career the Recruitment Industry. Flash forward five years and I now overseeing the Accounting and Finance Recruitment Division here at Lloyd Staffing as its Director. I joined Lloyd in 2017 and my team specializes in the placement of Accounting and Finance candidates for both Direct Hire and Contract opportunities. Having worked in this space myself, I have a solid understanding of its skill sets, challenges and work culture, which is an asset to both my candidate talent and corporate clients. I am based in the heart of Manhattan, but my team works on searches for positions throughout the U.S., across various industries and at all levels of the Accounting/Finance ladder. #LIVINGLLOYD
On off hours, I might binge watch The Office or will watch the movie Rush Hour (all of them) repeatedly and enjoy it each time.