Vancouver, CN 6B 2M9 US
Account Executive - Fintech Sales
For more than 20 years Global Relay has set the standard and trends in compliant communications with our multi-award winning unified communications, data capture, and data analysis platform. We securely capture and manage the world’s communications data and give its owners greater control and visibility to drive value and ensure compliance with the regulatory requirements of a large variety of industries and authorities. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and all the other typical things you expect, but we are not your typical company. Global Relay is a career-making company. It is a place for big ideas, new challenges, and cutting-edge innovation. It is a place where you can make an impact.
This is a business development role focused on new accounts. The successful candidate will be responsible for driving the sales cycle from end to end. Working closely with other company departments, the successful candidate will work primarily with prospective customers to interpret their requirements and communicate effective solutions.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with prospective customers in Global Relay’s Northeast target markets
- Determine and qualify opportunities for Global Relay services
- Gather customer requirements and competitively position Global Relay services
- Manage opportunities through the sales cycle and close new business to increase revenue
- Leverage existing relationships to introduce and promote Global Relay services
- Provide services demonstrations to key stakeholders
- Negotiate and participate in the contractual process to ensure closure of opportunities
- Ability to manage complex business and technical relationships
- Attend industry events, such as Regional & National Compliance Conferences
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in sales or business development role
- Experience selling Cloud Services into financial services and insurance verticals
- Understanding of Banks, Broker Dealers, Hedge Funds, Private Equity, FinTech, VC funds and their respective technology needs
- Build effective and collaborative relationships with the key decision-makers and C Suite (CIO/CTO/CCO/CFO) executives within the prospect organizations
- Proven ability to listen, effectively understand a situation, carefully record key points in a conversation, seek solutions, and respond with clarity in all circumstances including challenging situations
- Willingness to travel to industry events and conferences
- Outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail are essential
- Previous direct experience with Salesforce or another CRM system is an asset
Meet Your Recruiter
I’m Brett Buckwald and I’ve been in the recruitment industry for more than 3 decades. I got into the business on a recommendation from a college friend after graduating SUNY Binghamton. He was with a search firm and thought I would enjoy a recruiting career. So, although I had planned to join the family business in hotel and restaurant management in Houston, I made a quick career pivot. I have never regretted my decision to be a recruiter and have found great satisfaction in helping others find satisfying employment. I joined Lloyd because their executive management saw a vision for a specialty division dedicated to the growing Enterprise Software industry. Lloyd’s CEO believed I could launch and build this division. I took this on and it has thrived ever since and we specialize in the placement of Executive level talent in Management, Senior Sales, Marketing, and Technical roles on a nationwide basis. When I’m not working on bringing tech sales professionals and employers together, I love all sports and play in a recreational ice hockey league. #LIVINGLLOYD
Most important in my life and what inspires me each day, are my two beautiful daughters.