Staff Accountant Position in Suffolk County, New York
East Setauket, NY 11733
The Staff Accountant is responsible for entry of daily transactions for certain aspects of the organization.
• Perform Bank Reconciliations (100+) for multiple entities. Prepare entries as needed and record
• when approved.
• Write up all cash Deposits daily and bring approved Deposits to the bank branches, every day.
• Write up Cash Receipts, Cash Management entries for approval and entry into the Timberline
• Maintain appropriate contacts at banks in order to inquire about balances, wire transfers, stop
• payments. Initiate paperwork at the bank branch in order to open new accounts.
• Update Excel Worksheet Monthly schedules for all Development entities and for all investment
• entities on a quarterly basis.
• Assist Accounting Manager on specific Development entities as needed.
• Assist the Department in certain Clerical tasks as required.
• Oral and written communications
• Planning and organization skills
• Advanced Skill with basic mathematics
• Telephone etiquette
• College Degree in Accounting
• Understanding of all aspects of accounting transactions.
• Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Excel. Working Knowledge of Word.
• Background with automated accounting systems (Timberline or related software desirable)