Sr. Systems Engineer - Linux
Port Washington, NY 11021
- Configure and manage Linux operating systems and install/load operating system software, troubleshoots, maintains integrity and configures network components along with implementing operating systems enhancements to improve reliability and performance.
- Configure and manage Windows operating systems and install/load operating system software, troubleshoots, maintains integrity and configures network components along with implementing operating systems enhancements to improve reliability and performance.
- Help tune performance and ensure high availability of infrastructure.
- Design and develop infrastructure monitoring and reporting tools.
- Develop and maintain configuration management solutions.
- Develop test automation frameworks in collaboration with rest of the team.
- Create tools to help teams make the most out of the available infrastructure.
- Experience with Linux servers in virtualized environments.
- Experience with Windows servers in virtualized environments.
- Experience with Micro Services / Containers technologies, such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with AWS and Services, Migration experience to AWS
- Experience with virtualization technologies, such as VMWare.
- Familiarity with the fundamentals of Linux scripting languages.
- Experience installing, configuring, and maintaining services such as Bind, Apache, MySQL, nginx, etc
- Strong grasp on configuration management tools, such as Puppet, Chef, Ansible
- Familiarity with load balancing firewalls, etc.
- Ability to build and monitor services on production servers
- Knowledge of servers and switches
- Knowledge of command/utilities included but not limited to Apache and IIS, FTP, Telnet, SSH, SMTP
- Able to write scripts in some administrative language (Perl, a Shell, VBScript, etc…)
- Ensure security of personal health information (PHI) and report any violations or observations to management.