Holtsville, NY 11742
Inspects products for both lighting and electric product lines to ensure conformance to requirements and specifications. Performs electrical, functional, and visual inspections, as required to ensure compliance.
Essential Job Functions:
- Physically selects products/samples for incoming inspection for verification of acceptability utilizing AQL (Acceptable Quality Level) requirements for Zero Acceptance Number Sampling Plan.
- Ensure proper inspections have been performed to ensure product quality. This will include the inspection of incoming material, packaging, and customer returns.
- Maintain a repository of quality records for inspection results, as well as maintain Calibration records for electrical test equipment within the department.
- Plans, sets up, and performs both special/custom and standard testing, when inspecting for new and existing products.
- Identifies errors in catalog and specification sheets.
- Inspects product for proper packaging prior to shipments.
- Identifies continuous improvement areas in stock room processes such as packaging and product damage.
- Evaluates, photographs, and reports container packaging issues for follow on action by the Logistics Department.
- Assists in operations and warehousing audits inspecting for:
- Improper labeling and packaging of products.
- Conformance to FIFO and Housekeeping requirements.
- Internal quality within the department.
- Maintains gauges and equipment and identifies when gauges are out of calibration and need to be sent for recalibrating.
- As instructed performs First Article Inspections for new and second sourced products.
- Maintain the Material Review Area to ensure that all products are identified and organized. Prepares rejected product for Material Review Board Meeting.
- Verifies specified dimensions of product or material when required for customer complaints, engineering evaluation and/or material review board requests.
- Responsible for the completion of all Defective Material Reports (DMR) in support of the quality process.
- Maintains a Clean Lab including outside shelving in and outside of lab.
- Assists in developing and maintaining the ISO9001 procedures and work instructions as needed.
- Promote and execute quality standards, inspection processes, and test methodology, quality plans, documents, and reports. Assist in process certification.
- Assists the Quality Assurance Representative to the Materials Review Board and provides technical expertise as required.
- Rework, assemble, inspect, test and package fixtures.
- Able to verify, test, troubleshoot customer field failure returns.
- To test LED’s and drivers using test equipment
- Troubleshoots, with the ability to install and/or repair lighting fixtures, drivers, sensors (various types)
- To inspect lighting fixtures for defects in workmanship
- Provide filed assistance with installation of electrical wiring, fixtures are consistent with electrical, fire, safety, and local building codes.
- Perform a variety of skilled and semi-skilled tasks involving the use of different hand tools, power tools and maintenance equipment used to retrofit, replace, and repair lighting fixtures.
- Able to create reports and summary of the issues and be able to communicate to the various groups of people
- Work with various groups of employees in team-based environment
- To work with product management and sales team concerning product issues
- To answer Help Desk Tickets and communicate with sales on the resolution of issue and in general support Sales Team
- Any other duties as assigned.
Required Skills/ Qualifications:
- Proficiency in Microsoft EXCEL ©, Word and Outlook
- Must have good mathematical skills.
- Proficient in interpreting engineering drawings and diagrams.
- Effective communication skills in English.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with both internal customers and external suppliers.
- Ability to speak Spanish a plus.
Education/ Experience Requirements:
Associate's degree (A.A.) or equivalent vocational degree in Quality Assurance (QA) from a two-year college or technical school; or three years related experience in a manufacturing environment; or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
Experience with packaging and containerization a plus.
Experience working within an ISO9001 organization preferred.