Patient Account Coordinator
Woodbury, NY 11797
- Identify responsible parties by examining patient records
- Issue invoice and enter service data
- Calculate charges
- Mail invoices
- Resolve billing issues
- Explains insurance to patients
- Negotiate bill settlements.
You will oversee the billing operations of the office.
This means working with Medicare, Medicaid and Commercial Insurance so you must have prior knowledge of Insurance and Verification processes.
- Insurance Knowledge
- Medical Billing knowledge
- Experience with Medicaid and Medicare
- MS Office
- Experience working in a Medical Office
- Medical Terminology
It is ideal for someone who understands a healthcare environment and the kind of stress and pressures illness can have on the patient and his or her family.