Patient Access Specialist
Melville, NY 11747
They are an accomplished group with locations spread throughout the NY Metro Region and beyond.
The Patient Access Specialist will verify patients insurance coverage and benefits.
This position requires great attention to detail, communication and organizational skills.
We are looking for qualified candidates who are available for a temporary assignment for the next 3-4 months with a potential extension.
• Verify patients insurance benefits and coverage prior to their scheduled appointment
• Advise patients of their out of pocket expenses
• Assist patients with out of network financial arrangements if needed
• Update records in computer system
• Mail EOB’s and statements to patients.
• Practice confidentiality and maintain a working knowledge of HIPAA regulations
• Assist with other duties as assigned
• Prior working knowledge of EMR required
• Bachelor’s degree preferred
• Basic computer proficiency is required, including knowledge of MS Excel
• Excellent at multi-tasking and paying attention to detail