Islandia, NY 11749
CISCO ENGINEER – Network Operations Center (NOC)
Location: SUFFOLK COUNTY, NY
Shift: Evening Shift – Rotating work week 3 days one week then 4 days next week
Full Time Staff position with excellent benefits: PTO, Medical / Dental / Vision Plans/401K/Unlimited Training
We are looking for an engineer with the following:
Self-motivated to learn new technologies
Looking to expand your existing skillset
Can work independently and as part of a team
Well spoken, detail oriented and dependable
Passion for solving problems
- Alarm monitoring, diagnosis and management through to resolution, effective testing and co-ordination of site and callout technicians.
- Timely response to network troubles to meet defined company measures of quality.
- Ensure Network Management Systems and elements are available and functional at the start and end of each NOC shift.
- Enable performance measurements, interpret data, diagnose and isolate to resolution.
- Creation, update, closure and management of customer and network trouble tickets.
- Creation and management of vendor support tickets.
- Escalation of service affecting issues or critical conditions to our clients and Team Leads.
- Creation of network or customer specific reports following service-affecting events.
Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) with a routing & switching focus or 3-5 yrs. work experience managing Cisco network infrastructure.
Strong analytical and fault finding skills with the ability to consolidate and prioritize network and customer troubles, making recommendations on how to restore service to customers and to eliminate repeat problems.
Good communication skills to include verbal and written communication and presentation skills in a technical environment.
Understanding of Service Level Agreements and objectives.
Good understanding of standard technical troubleshooting methods and procedures.
Excellent ability to capture and document in a user-friendly way event driven reports and diagnosis for both customers and internal management.
Good knowledge of MS Visio for network diagram creation.