New York, NY 10035
Our client is a state of the art proton therapy center combining the expertise of radiation oncologists from nationally regarded health systems based in the metro New York area. They have asked us to identify and refer a Medical Dosimetrist who is ready to join an exciting, cutting-edge organization strongly committed to providing top-quality cancer care nationwide. They are equipped with state-of-the-art proton beam technology, and the newest and most effective treatment technology to treat cancer patients.
The Certified Medical Dosimetrist will provide comprehensive treatment plans for patients undergoing proton radiation therapy. The Dosimetrist also designs and implements quality assurance procedures and clinical protocols in accordance with departmental and clinical needs. The successful candidate will work closely with physicians, radiation therapists, and medical physicists to provide optimal treatment for our patients.
- Bachelor of Science degree in physics, or related field.
- Certification by the Medical Dosimetry Certification Board.
- Excellent oral, written and personal communication skills.
- Experience with Oncology Information Systems / Electronic Medical Record and Treatment Planning System.
- One year plus photon Treatment Planning experience is desirable.