Valley Stream, NY 11580
- Coordinate and implement patient care plans.
- Competency is all skills related to the performance of providing exceptional patient care.
- Assist with front office duties: greeting patients, answering phones, and verifying insurances.
- Obtain the patient's medical history and document in the electronic medical record.
- Perform screening procedures such as, height, weight, blood pressure and temperature.
- Help collect blood and urine specimens.
- Prepare examination rooms and patients for visits.
- Maintain stock of supplies.
- Maintain clean and orderly exam rooms.
- Contribute to the maintenance of medical records and processing of insurance forms.
- Assists in the design and oversight of efficient patient flow and upholds an environment of patient safety and satisfaction.
- High School Diploma/GED
- Current Medical Assistant Certification is required
- Minimum of 1 year paid work experience as a Medical Assistant
- BLS training and Current Certification required