East Setauket, NY 11733
The value of a good Medical Assistant won't go unnoticed by our client. They are very well known in the Eastern Long Island region and considered a great place to work. Reviews on various web sites cite the culture as "Awesome with friendly and professional coworkers."
A Medical Assistant is often the first person a patient encounters and can set the tone of a practice or department. You become a kind of Healthcare Ambassador besides doing all the other essential skills necessary to your job. MA's with exceptional PEOPLE SKILLS are highly prized by this client!!
We are seeking MA professionals with experience to perform the following duties:
• Screening procedures such as height, weight, blood pressure and temperature – new patient & returning patient intake
• Collection of blood and urine specimens
• Taking charge of supply inventory and maintaining clean and orderly exam rooms
• Working with medical records and processing of insurance forms (verifying pre-authorizations)
• Calling in medication requests
Prior EMR experience very helpful
The individual who will thrive here is a self-starter, someone who is proactive to handle a busy work environment.