Jamaica, NY 11434
- Communicating with customers, carriers and truckers both verbal and via email .
- Interact with customers and vendors to insure proper freight movement.
- Prepare and issue export shipping documents as instructed.
- Prepare and file AES for shipments as required.
- Ocean Export Logistics Coordinator must have knowledge of ocean export procedures including documentation and regulations.
- Must be familiar with handling shipments both as a forwarder and a NVOCC.
- Must file rates and keep NVOCC tariff up to date.
- Consult with clients to assist with their logistics needs and freight movement.
- Responsible to give quotations to clients.
- Must be familiar with hazardous cargo handling. DG certified a plus.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Must have a minimum of 2 years logistics experience in Ocean Export working a with directly with a Freight Forwarder.
- Able to work under pressure.
- Follow and carry out instructions with minimal supervision.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Ocean Export Logistics Coordinator must be computer literate.
- Customer service oriented.
- Must be familiar with ocean export documentation and shipment preparation.
- Must be organized and good with time management.
- Must be familiar with shipping dangerous goods.
- We offer a good starting salary with opportunity to grow within the company.
- Health benefits are available.
- Paid holidays