Accounts Payable Specialist
Lake Success, NY 11042
Our client, a leader in natural and organic food and personal care products within North America is seeking an Accounts Payable Analyst to join their team! Headquartered in Lake Success, NY area, they are committed to growing their Company while continuing to implement environmentally sound business practices and manufacturing processes.
The ideal candidate has experience in general ledger accounting and invoices processing, preferred background in consumer product goods industry and familiarity with JDEdwards or Advantis accounting software systems.
The Accounts Payable Analyst compiles and maintains accounts payable records for all goods and services.
Monday - Friday 1st Shift
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Reviews and verifies all incoming invoices for expense accuracy and communicates with vendors to resolves issues, as needed.
- Assists with bi-weekly check runs –pulling appropriate back up.
- Matches invoices to receiving reports and purchase orders.
- Enters all invoice charges into general ledger or other related system.
- Assists with special projects, as needed
- Acts as backup to AP Clerk, as needed
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
- General knowledge of general ledger accounting and invoices processing.
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to prioritize multiple priorities and strong attention to detail.
- Computer skills including MS Office programs such as Outlook, Word, Excel PowerPoint.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate (verbal/writing) effectively.
- Ability to collaborate across other functional areas.
- JD Edwards or Advantis accounting software systems a plus