Plantation, FL 33324
- Compile and analyze financial information to prepare and post entries to general ledger
- Prepare, perform and review general ledger functions to assist with monthly accounting activity
- Prepare various schedules required for internal and external reporting on a GAAP, statutory and management reporting basis.
- Prepare and review bank reconciliations and may perform other banking activities, such as letters of credit or collateral for specified accounts.
- Prepare financial reports such as balance sheets, income statements, cash flow statements, budgets and footnote schedules.
- Assist with preparation and review of quarterly and annual NAIC filings, as appropriate.
- Proactively detect, research, and resolve reconciliation items.
- Analyze and document revenue and expenditure trends and variances in account balances between periods and against budget.
- Prepare financial reports such as balance sheets, income statements, cash flow statements, etc.
- Analyze revenue and expenditure trends and recommend appropriate budget levels and ensure expenditure control.
- Work with both internal and external clients to respond to inquiries and resolve issues.
- Interact with and assist internal and external auditors, as necessary, to complete audits.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with an emphasis on confidentiality, tact, and diplomacy.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Exceptional organizational and analytical skills; demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Intermediate proficiency and experience using Microsoft Office Package (Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Word).
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance or a related field or the equivalent education and/or experience.
- Minimum of five years of relevant and progressive professional experience in accounting and/or finance.
- CPA a PLUS
- Solid understanding of GAAP and/or Statutory Accounting Principles.