East Setauket, NY 11733 US
The top academic medical center on Long Island. With 624 beds, it is the only tertiary care facility in the area, a regional trauma center, the only Level 4 regional perinatal center in Suffolk County, an AIDS center designated by the state, a comprehensive psychiatric emergency program designated by the state, a burn center designated by the state, the Christopher Prendergast ALS Center of Excellence, and a kidney transplant center designated by the state. The first pediatric multiple sclerosis center in the country is located there.
To help with administrative tasks at our institution, we are looking to hire a medical assistant. If you are hired, you will oversee gathering patient information and test results, organizing daily administrative activities, setting up examination rooms, and supporting our doctors while they perform medical treatments.
Medical Assistant Responsibilities:
• Obtaining and recording patient medical histories, vitals, test results, and other information for medical records while maintaining strict confidentiality.
• Coordinating the daily administrative activities, including scheduling, patient check-in and check-out, and patient medical record maintenance.
• Preparing treatment rooms for clinical examinations and assisting practitioners with medical procedures and other patient care.
• Delivering compassionate support, attention, and assistance to patients and families.
• Ensuring compliance with all health care regulations, including HIPAA and OSHA.
• Preparing and administering medications for patients as directed by physicians.
• Collects blood or other laboratory specimens as requested by physician.
• Enters proposed orders into EMR for licensed independent provider review and approval.
• Excellent communication and analytical skills.
• Attention to detail.
• Ability to meet deadlines.
• Self-directed and self-motivated.
• Able to multi-task.
• Professional phone etiquette.
Must have computer and/or EMR experience.
Meet Your Recruiter
Hello, I’m Antonio Gismundi, Talent Associate with LLoyd Staffing.
I’m relatively new to LLoyd, although not new to Recruitment. I spent the prior two years as a Healthcare recruiter and now my focus is on recruitment for Business Support and Operations roles.
I handle both direct hire and contract assignments. Like many of the candidates I work with, my background is diverse with previous roles as a Construction Expediter and in Education supporting and advocating for students with special needs.
I think my eclectic work history helps me support candidates who are looking to change careers or explore new, satisfying employment options. I will listen to your needs and help you find a good employment fit. #LIVINGLLOYD
I’m about to become a father so I don’t expect to have lots of free time, but when I relax, my hobbies include watching and playing sports. I am an avid Softball player in the summertime and enjoy catching a game at Citi Field in Queens.