East Setauket, NY 11733 US
Imagine being a part of the forefront of medical excellence on Long Island! Our exceptional medical center boasts an impressive 624 beds, positioning us as the unparalleled tertiary care hub in the region. As the regional trauma center, a state-designated AIDS center, and much more, we have been paving the way for exceptional healthcare services. Our commitment extends to pioneering initiatives like the Christopher Prendergast ALS Center of Excellence and even the very first pediatric multiple sclerosis center in the country.
- Create a patient's medical journey by meticulously documenting medical histories, vitals, test outcomes, and confidential data for comprehensive medical records.
- Coordinate the center’s daily administrative activities, such as scheduling, patient check-ins and check-outs.
- Preparing treatment rooms for clinical examinations and assisting practitioners with medical procedures and other patient care.
- Delivering compassionate support, attention, and assistance to patients and families.
- Ensuring compliance with all health care regulations, including HIPAA and OSHA.
- Preparing and administering medications for patients as directed by physicians.
- Collects blood or other laboratory specimens as requested by physician.
- Enters proposed orders into EMR for licensed independent provider review and approval.
- Excellent communication and analytical skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Self-directed and self-motivated.
- Able to multi-task.
- Professional phone etiquette.
- High school diploma/GED.
- Graduate of an accredited Medical Assistant program.
- Computer and/or EMR experience.
Meet Your Recruiter
Hello, I am Laura Tavarez. I was born and raised in The Dominican Republic, I also spent five years living in Puerto Rico.
In 2001, I decided to move to NYC to further my education after which I began working in the healthcare industry and have remained here now for approximately two decades.
My undergrad degree is in Health Services Administration, and I have a Master’s in Organizational Management. Working directly in the healthcare industry has allowed me to network with different groups, practice areas and health systems. I have first-hand knowledge of the lingo and culture of the healthcare community which translates well into my Recruitment role. Because of my hands-on healthcare experience, I fully understand the needs of the candidates who work in it and the workforce challenges of the employer. I enjoy meeting people and knowing that I am helping them find their dream job or referring a superior new hire. Everyone deserves to be happy at work! #LLOYDEMPLOYED
When I’m not making new careers happen, I enjoy listening to Spanish music and Smooth R&B. I look forward to working with you.