Lake Success, NY 11042 US
- Perform screening and measuring procedures, which include but is not limited to, height, weight, blood pressure, pulse, temperature.
- Ensure HIPAA and OSHA guidelines are always followed.
- Adheres to protocol for patient flow (1. Reception, 2. Registration, 3. Triage, 4. Labs, 5. Escort to Provider).
- Adheres to Visit Completion Protocol (1. Receive encounter and referral forms, 2. Schedule next appointments, 3. Schedule outside referrals at appointed time, 4. Update visit log).
- Experience w/blood draw; especially butterfly needles
- Perform all necessary receptionist duties including answering, screening, and routing of phone calls.
- Utilize Electronic Medical Record (EMR) and/or other systems for check-in/check-out processes including verifying patient demographics, insurance information, obtaining patient signatures on applicable patient forms, and have the patient complete any paperwork associated with the visit.
- Schedule meetings and keep calendars.
- Maintain office environment to ensure productivity.
- Assist in day-to-day operations of department and perform all other related duties as assigned by management.
- Must have ability to maintain effective and organized systems to ensure timely patient flow.
- Must have ability to work as an efficient team member.
- High school diploma/GED.
- MEDICAL ASSISTANTS MUST be a graduate of an accredited Medical Assistant program.
- SOARIAN/ALL SCRIPTS EXPERIENCE A PLUS
- Must have exceptional customer service and telephone etiquette.
- Should have experience in a healthcare setting. Previous healthcare experience in position preferred.
- Must have computer (Microsoft Word and Excel) and/or EMR experience.
- Medical Assisting: 2 years (Required)
- Ortho Exp preferred.
- Medical Assistant Certificate (Required).
- BLS/CPR Card (Preferred)
Meet Your Recruiter
Hello, I am Laura Tavarez. I was born and raised in The Dominican Republic, I also spent five years living in Puerto Rico.
In 2001, I decided to move to NYC to further my education after which I began working in the healthcare industry and have remained here now for approximately two decades.
My undergrad degree is in Health Services Administration, and I have a Master’s in Organizational Management. Working directly in the healthcare industry has allowed me to network with different groups, practice areas and health systems. I have first-hand knowledge of the lingo and culture of the healthcare community which translates well into my Recruitment role. Because of my hands-on healthcare experience, I fully understand the needs of the candidates who work in it and the workforce challenges of the employer. I enjoy meeting people and knowing that I am helping them find their dream job or referring a superior new hire. Everyone deserves to be happy at work! #LLOYDEMPLOYED
When I’m not making new careers happen, I enjoy listening to Spanish music and Smooth R&B. I look forward to working with you.