Melville, NY 11747
Our client is a state of the art specialized healthcare organization who cares about their patients and strive to offer them the best possible client experience. They are an accomplished group with locations spread throughout the NY Metro Region and beyond.
The Insurance Verifier will verify and obtain coverage authorizations for each patient. This position requires great attention to detail, communication and organizational skills.
We are looking for qualified candidates who are available for a temporary assignment through the end of the year, with a potential to be hired permanently if you do a great job!
- Obtaining coverage authorizations for patients
- Contacting patients for updated insurance information
- Contacting doctors’ offices and insurance companies for prescription approvals
- Coordinating prescription renewals as needed
- Practicing confidentiality and maintaining a working knowledge of HIPAA regulations
- Other duties as assigned
- A minimum of two years prior experience working in a healthcare setting
- At least 1 year of insurance authorization experience is required
- Knowledge of managed care plans
- Basic computer proficiency is required, including knowledge of MS Excel
- Excellent at multi-tasking and paying attention to detail