Insurance Collection Representative
Miami, FL 33186 US
- Telephone insurance companies for follow up and collect payments within the established time frame. Contact patients in order to seek their assistance to obtain account resolution/payment.
- Informs management of those payors who are causing reimbursement delays and report all contract discrepancies to the appropriate level of management.
- Work the number of accounts established in the departments Standard Operating Procedures. Document all action taken on patient accounts and use the proper collector activity code. Comply with the HIPPA guidelines.
- Ensures that all documentation required by the insurance carrier for payment is resubmitted utilizing the tools available. Review incoming correspondence and take the corrective action required also responding to any insurance and patient inquiries timely.
- Understand and analyze the various managed care contracts and the various CPT, HCPCS, DRG codes in order to ensure proper reimbursement.
- Review reimbursement to determine accuracy of payment and proper insurance adjustment.
Must operate a 10 key calculator, excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with people of various backgrounds, detailed oriented, problem solver, good math skills. Microsoft experience preferred. Proficient in managed care terminology and reimbursement
Meet Your Recruiter
Hello, I am Laura Tavarez. I was born and raised in The Dominican Republic, I also spent five years living in Puerto Rico.
In 2001, I decided to move to NYC to further my education after which I began working in the healthcare industry and have remained here now for approximately two decades.
My undergrad degree is in Health Services Administration, and I have a Master’s in Organizational Management. Working directly in the healthcare industry has allowed me to network with different groups, practice areas and health systems. I have first-hand knowledge of the lingo and culture of the healthcare community which translates well into my Recruitment role. Because of my hands-on healthcare experience, I fully understand the needs of the candidates who work in it and the workforce challenges of the employer. I enjoy meeting people and knowing that I am helping them find their dream job or referring a superior new hire. Everyone deserves to be happy at work! #LLOYDEMPLOYED
When I’m not making new careers happen, I enjoy listening to Spanish music and Smooth R&B. I look forward to working with you.