Accounts Payable Specialist
Miami, FL 33186 US
With over 1.8 million patient visits per year, we consistently receive positive feedback from the people we serve. Patients and their families come from all over the world to seek our medical expertise. We are proud of our team, which includes over 26,000 employees and over 4,000 physicians in virtually every specialty, many of whom have national and international reputations.
The Accounts Payable Specialist reports to the Sr. Accounts Payable Analyst and is responsible for handling transactions in a timely and accurate manner, as well as ensuring that everything is resolved and processed within the pay terms or deadline. Committed to providing comprehensive administrative support to internal and external clients. Working closely with and maintaining a strong working relationship with associated supporting teams is required.
• High degree of accuracy, attention to detail and able to resolve problems/issues rapidly.
• Proficient in data entry in a high volume and fast paced environment.
• Able to meet deadlines as assigned
• Handle multiple systems simultaneously and independently prioritize workload based on a number of factors and perform duties within a team environment.
• Collaborating with internal departments to gather, analyze, and interpret relevant financial data.
• High School/GED
• Certified Accounts Payable Associate (CAPA) or Certified Purchasing Card Professional (CPCP) required.
• Knowledge of accounts payable and general accounting procedures preferred.
• Oracle PeopleSoft knowledge also preferred.
• Previous experience with Microsoft applications, Excel, and Outlook.
Meet Your Recruiter
Hello, I am Laura Tavarez. I was born and raised in The Dominican Republic, I also spent five years living in Puerto Rico.
In 2001, I decided to move to NYC to further my education after which I began working in the healthcare industry and have remained here now for approximately two decades.
My undergrad degree is in Health Services Administration, and I have a Master’s in Organizational Management. Working directly in the healthcare industry has allowed me to network with different groups, practice areas and health systems. I have first-hand knowledge of the lingo and culture of the healthcare community which translates well into my Recruitment role. Because of my hands-on healthcare experience, I fully understand the needs of the candidates who work in it and the workforce challenges of the employer. I enjoy meeting people and knowing that I am helping them find their dream job or referring a superior new hire. Everyone deserves to be happy at work! #LLOYDEMPLOYED
When I’m not making new careers happen, I enjoy listening to Spanish music and Smooth R&B. I look forward to working with you.